Spruce Creek Fly-In Plane Crash Leaves 1 Man Killed and 1 Critically Injured
A small plane crashed Tuesday night in the Spruce Creek Fly-In gated aviation community. 1 man was killed and the other man was critically injured.
According to Volusia County Spokeswoman Laura Williams, the single-engine, private plane nearly hit a home. Nobody on the ground was injured.
The crash site is in the 2500 block of Taxiway Echo and occurred around 7:30PM Tuesday night. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and another, who is in critical condition, was taken to the Halifax Medical Center.
The National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration were notified and are investigating the crash.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Department had a deputy at the scene through the night.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- 30 Acres Near Pavilion at Port Orange will be used for Multi-Family Apartments
- 2018 Hurricane Season Predictions: More active than the average season - Read More
- Port Orange DUI Checkpoint ‘A Success’
- Skimming Device Found at Port Orange Gas Station
- City Council recently discussed rezoning and an influx of apartments near The Pavilion at Port Orange at a recent Port Orange City Council Meeting.
- Woman Found Dead in Port Orange House Fire
- Silver Sands Middle School Student Arrested for Bomb Threat