Job Location: DAYTONA BEACH
Job Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Hours per week: 40
Driver's License Required: Yes, Operator License
Wage: $11.00 per Hour
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
40 hrs week; days & shifts vary, may include weekends & holidays
A Currently competent behavior support position that performs support duties in the Behavioral Healthcare Adolescent Residential Program. The Youth Specialist assists the Assistant Director and Social Service Coordinator in providing behavior and motivation for adolescent clients, assists clients in their orientation to and participation in the requirement and benefits of the program, and performs related duties as required in support of the professional personnel of RAP. Above all other duties, your primary duty and responsibility here at RAP is the preservation of human life.
- Responsible for monitoring and documenting the behavior and activities of each client;
- Reports any concerns regarding the health, safety, or well being of a client to the treatment team.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Responsible for the implementation of the behavior management system of the program utilizing approved behavior modification techniques providing positive reinforcement and support to clients.
- Conducts and participates in basic life skills activities.
- Assist in processing admissions and discharges for voluntary and involuntary clients; orients the clients to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Completes required program documentation.
- Completes reports as required, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Documents service activity notes daily on clients' activities, behavior patterns, and changes in behavior patterns, medications.
- Reviews and document in shift reports, shift logs, client files, etc.
- Obtains required program information;
- Inventories client valuables.
- Assist nurse by supervising the self-administration of medication;
- Conducts security/safety checks;
- Monitors visitors/clients for contraband; conducts searches; removes dangerous items and or other contraband items;
- Performs and/or assists with restraints.
- Supervises and collects urine specimens, completing all required paperwork ensuring the chain of custody is followed; delivers to the laboratory if required;
- Utilizes infection control procedures.
- Participates in meetings as required; converses with staff on client's progress or lack of progress.
- Performs general office duties, answers telephones,
- Communicates with parents and other authorized individuals as necessary;
- Files, types, copies, receives food shipments; inventory of supplies.
- Performs general cleaning responsibilities.
- Attends training/in-services as required.
- Controls verbally and/or physically abusive clients and performs aggression control techniques; assists with restraints when necessary.
- Transports clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings, etc.
- Ensures compliance with DCF standards and security safeguards.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs other related work as required.
For more information about this position, please Search on EmployFlorida.com and type Job Order Number: 10873999
Director of Operations