Job Location: Bunnell
Job Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Driver's License Required: Yes, Commercial License
Wage: $10.20 per Hour
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Excellent pay rates starting at $145.00 per day! Experience pays.
Our company in Palm Coast has immediate Openings for Energetic CDL Drivers! This is local driving!
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Drivers are eligible for year-end bonuses, referral bonuses, and a $10,000 - 3 year exceptional performance bonus. We provide uniforms, PPE, coolers and ice.
Everyday thousands of our trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry while driving some of the finest trucks built.
If you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with us and be the Distinguishable Difference!
The Residential Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. Oversees work of helpers assisting on assigned route; performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned. Work is performed under supervision and performance is reviewed while in progress and upon completion through direct observation of routes, and discussion of problems.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Safely drives truck on pre-established route in accordance with Decision Driving principles within prescribed time. Collects and dumps garbage and refuse into refuse trucks while covering a designated route in a residential zone. Unloads refuse trucks at the landfill, transfer station, or similar facility.
2. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
3. Ensures garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly; pick up may require using back door. Tags improper refuse containers and waste;
4. Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by our procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with our safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
5. Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
6. Performs a variety of manual duties in the clean-up of scattered refuse; moves and empties large trash bins using truck hydraulics;
7. Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents;
8. Responsible for all persons working on vehicle during the designated route.
9. Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
10. May be required to work during emergency situations
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by our company.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 800 and 1000 times a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 800 and 1000 times a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 800 and 1000 times a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 800 and 1000 times a day
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, rain and snow)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Employer's Job# 5000458831506
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
For more information about this position, please Search on EmployFlorida.com and type Job Order Number: 10872830
Director of Operations