Job Location: Bunnell
Job Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Our company in Bunnell has immediate Openings for Energetic CDL Drivers! This is local driving. Excellent pay rates starting at $165.00/day.
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Drivers are eligible for year-end bonuses, referral bonuses, and a $10,000 - 3 year exceptional performance bonus. We provide uniforms, PPE, coolers and ic
Everyday thousands of our trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry while driving some of the finest trucks built.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Our Roll-Off drivers are responsible for the delivery and emptying of large containers for our commercial customers.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction; See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Secure containers by attaching hook to container; uses control levers to pull container up on the bed of the truck, secures straps and hand tarp individual containers as necessary.
* Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
* Answers questions for customers and directs them to contact Customer Service or Sales Representative for additional information
* Operates compaction and lift equipment on vehicle.
* Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by our procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with our safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by our company.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push, or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 25 and 50 times a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 25 and 50 times a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 30 and 50 times a day
4. Physically able to lift with assistance (helper) 100 pounds between 20 and 30 times a day
5. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 120-150 times in a day
6. Physically able to reach overhead with a reaching pole and pull down using 20 pounds of force and secure a tarp
7. Physically able to climb up to 8 feet in height to deploy a 25 pound tarp
8. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions? (heat, cold, rain and snow)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Employer's Job# 5000459912706
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
For more information about this position, please Search on EmployFlorida.com and type Job Order Number: 10874498
Director of Operations