Dr. Albert W. Gillespy
Dr. Albert W. Gillespy is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and long-time resident of the Daytona Beach area. He is the son of Dr. Thurman Gillespy Jr., who founded The Orthopedic Clinic in 1961, and joined the practice his father started after completing his residency in 1987. He is joined by his brother Mark, who started at the clinic in 1992. He practices out of all four of our office locations.
Dr. Gillespy and his wife, Doreen, are parents of two daughters: Danielle earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, is working at Halifax Health Medical Center in neonatal and labor-delivery care, and is currently studying to become a Nurse Practitioner. Lauren is currently enrolled in the Master of Science Physician Assistant studies program at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA.
- Spine: Cervical fusions, outpatient lumbar laminectomy for spinal stenosis and herniated disc, and outpatient spinal cord stimulation for pain disorders
- Joint: Total hip joint replacement, total knee joint replacement; outpatient partial knee joint replacement, knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder: Outpatient shoulder rotator cuff tendon repair and decompression
- Foot/Ankle: Surgery for bunion and hammer toe correction, surgery for Achilles tendonitis and Achilles tendon repair
- Hand/Wrist: Surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger release
- Osteoporosis: Comprehensive evaluation and management including in-house DEXA scans for osteoporosis evaluation in Daytona Beach and Palm Coast offices
Port Orange, FL 32127