The City of Port Orange Has Resumed Its Online Payment System for Customers
PORT ORANGE, FL — The City of Port Orange announces that its online payment system, Click2Gov, is back up and running today to accept online payments, which include both water utility and business tax renewals. The system was taken offline on Friday, October 18, to conduct numerous tests and scans and found no evidence the system was compromised.
The City of Port Orange has been working closely over the last couple of weeks with Click2Gov and two other cyber security firms regarding a possible compromise in the system. To date, neither Click2Gov nor the cybersecurity firms were able to confirm that there was a compromise in the system. Over this timeframe, the City has worked with its vendor to ensure the software in question has the most current updates available and have returned Click2Gov to service. This means that customers can go online and pay their utility bill with a credit/debit card and that scheduled payments with credit cards will resume.
The City will not be charging late fees that may have occurred during this period, and customers will have until Monday, November 4 to resolve any late payment issues before notices are processed. The City’s customer service staff is available to assist at (386) 506-5720Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm except for Wednesday when the office closes at 4:00 pm.
The City would like to remind customers that no system is foolproof and new exploits are created every day, regardless of what company provides credit card or other personal information. Consumers should always be diligent in monitoring their personal credit card transactions and report any suspicious activity to their credit card bank/issuer.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family