A Pair of Crashes Causing Major Traffic Problems in the Ormond Beach Area.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A pair of crashes is currently causing major problems on both sides of I-95 and the westbound side of Granada Blvd in the Ormond Beach area.
A fatal crash on the northbound side of I-95 near Granada Blvd/SR 40 has the two right lanes blocked. Traffic is currently backed up for about 8 miles, just past International Speedway Boulevard/US-92 in Daytona Beach.
Second, a crash on the southbound side of I-95 near US-1 currently has both shoulders blocked with traffic stretching back to the Old Dixie Hwy exit.
Due to heavy delays on I-95, the westbound side of Granada is dealing with very heavy congestion. Traffic is currently backing up from the I-95 overpass near Williamson Blvd past Nova Rd.
Beachside is also experiencing some delays as both sides of A1A approaching Granada are slowing down with minor congestion. There are also reports of delays headed west towards the bridge.
While some conditions seem to be improving, expect very heavy congestion throughout Ormond Beach and on I-95. If possible, try to seek an alternate route for today's travels.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family