Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
Port Orange, FL - Port Orange Police Detectives located a body they believe to be that of Thomas “Tommy” McMullen, the prime suspect in the murder of Port Orange resident Diana Kessler.
“Earlier today, at approximately 11:00 am, Port Orange Police Department detectives located what is believed to be the body of Thomas McMullen Jr. in the woods near the 2500 block of W. International Speedway Blvd,” said Port Orange Police Department Ofc. Evan Doyle in a release Friday afternoon.
POPD said an autopsy will be conducted to confirm the identity of the deceased. A cause of death is not determined, but the police said it appears to be a suicide.
This brings a week-long manhunt to an end. The police were swift to thank other law enforcement agencies and local residents for their assistance in efforts to solve the case.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family
- Sen. Dorothy Hukill, 72, dies of cancer