Carnival confirms first sailing for Mardi Gras and return of more ships in August.
Written by Steven Christian
Belden Communications News
The Carnival Mardi Gras sailed into her new home of Port Canaveral on Friday, June 4. After being moored at Carnival Cruise Line's new terminal in Port Canaveral for the past few weeks, the cruise line is now in the process of gearing her up for her first set of cruises after the pandemic paused her inaugural season last year.
Starting July 31, the Mardi Gras will sail weekly Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises.
Following the news regarding the Mardi Gras, Carnival Cruise Line announced the return of other ships in their fleet.
- Carnival Magic (currently in dry dock) will now homeport from Port Canaveral. She will pick up four- and five-day cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean, previously scheduled for the Carnival Elation, effective August 7, through October 7. Guests already booked on Carnival Elation will be re-accommodated on Carnival Magic. With the Magic being a substantially larger ship, additional stateroom inventory is being made available. Carnival Magic will also operate three new six-day cruises and one new eight-day cruise from Port Canaveral between October 11 and 31.
- Carnival Sunrise will begin service from Miami, starting August 14, sailing four- and five-day cruises to The Bahamas and Caribbean.
- Carnival Panorama will start service from Long Beach on August 21, sailing her seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises.
- Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze (leaving from Galveston), Carnival Horizon (from Miami), and Carnival Miracle (from Seattle to Alaska) will continue with their cruises through August that are a part of the line's restart plans in July.
Given the above plans, Carnival has extended its pause for other ships through August 31, 2021, for the following:
- Carnival Pride (Baltimore)
- Carnival Sunshine (Charleston)
- Carnival Dream (Galveston)
- Carnival Ecstasy (Jacksonville)
- Carnival Liberty (Port Canaveral)
- Carnival Conquest (Miami)
- Carnival Sensation (Mobile)
- Carnival Glory (New Orleans).
Carnival will be providing more details on guidelines and protocols for the cruise lines' August plans in the coming weeks. Carnival intends to operate August sailings with vaccinated guests.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family