Community Assistance to Conduct Low-Income Representative Elections.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Community Assistance Division of Volusia County will be holding five public meetings later this month, where community members will elect one person at each meeting to represent the low-income population in that area.
The five elected representatives will work with the Human Services Advisory Board.
According to a release, each meeting will focus on human services, roles, and responsibilities of an advisory board member, and an election of a person to represent the low-income population. An alternate representative may also be elected to serve in the absence of the elected person if there is enough interest.
The advisory board will give guidance and assistance to the Volusia County Council, in developing the Community Services Block Grant program, creating objectives and goals in identifying and addressing community needs and evaluating effectiveness.
The meetings will be held at these times and locations:
5 p.m. Sept. 28: John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, 411 S. Keech St., Daytona Beach
5 p.m. Sept. 29: Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach
5 p.m. Sept. 30: New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach
5 p.m. Oct. 2: Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave., Deltona
5 p.m. Oct. 5: Chisholm Community Center, 520 S. Clara Ave., DeLand
Residents may also participate in the meeting virtually. The link will be posted on the morning of each meeting at www.volusia.org/hsab.
For more information, contact Human Services Manager Clayton Jackson at 386-736-5956 or email@example.com.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family