Daytona Beach Police Department is investigating a pedestrian death on Ridgewood Ave.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police is investigating a pedestrian-involved traffic accident where a woman died after being struck by a vehicle while attempting to cross South Ridgewood Avenue on foot.
According to a release, Officers were dispatched to the scene on South Ridgewood Avenue, near Cedar Street, just before 9:00 p.m. last night, September 23, 2021.
First responders found the woman lying on the road in the southbound lanes, and Paramedics with the Daytona Beach Fire Department (DBFD) pronounced her dead on the scene.
A 2003 Blue Dodge Caravan, driven by a 63-year-old Daytona Beach woman, remained on scene, and the driver cooperated with detectives of the Traffic Homicide Unit. Investigators believe that the Dodge Caravan was heading south Ridgewood Avenue in the right lane when the victim stepped out in front of the van while attempting to cross U.S. 1 on foot heading west.
The Dodge Caravan was removed from the scene for further processing as part of the ongoing investigation.
The Daytona Beach Police Department has not been able to identify the victim. No identification was present while officers processed the scene for evidence, and other methods of identifying her have not been successful. All the information provided at this time is that the victim is a white female.
The Daytona Beach Police Department asks anyone who may have information on the woman who passed away to contact Investigator Ashley Rossi at RossiAshley@DBPD.us (386) 671-5366 or Sergeant Lissette Deschamps at DeschampsL@DBPD.us (386) 671-5367 regarding Case 210017755.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family