Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety to host Scam and Fraud Seminar.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
With a current uptick in recent scam and fraud cases in the area, the Daytona Beach Shores Department of Public Safety is hosting a free seminar on Scams & Frauds at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at the Shores Community Center, 3000 Bellemead Drive, Daytona Beach Shores.
According to a release, Detective Sergeant Jessica Long and Crime Analyst Kelley Register will provide information on recognizing and avoiding common scams and frauds. They will cover crimes that directly target seniors, plus internet and romance-related frauds, and share examples of cases that have occurred locally. Long has been with the Public Safety Department for 11 years and has five years of detective experience. Register has been a crime analyst since 2005.
For more information, contact the Shores Community Center at 386-281-3000 or visit www.CityofDBS.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family