Driver killed in Three-Vehicle Crash on International Speedway Boulevard.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A multi-vehicle crash on International Speedway boulevard claimed. The life, of a 57-year-old Port Orange woman, Thursday.
First responders were dispatched to the scene of a multi-vehicle accident. At the intersection of International Speedway Boulevard, and South Clyde Morris Boulevard around 11:30 a.m.
According to reports from Daytona Beach Police, a 1996 white Chevy S10 pick-up truck was traveling west on International Speedway Boulevard in the second inside lane approaching Clyde Morris, when the driver failed to brake for slowing traffic and rear-ended a 2003 Chevy Avalanche pickup truck.
After that impact, the S10 then sideswiped a green 2005 Ford Five Hundred and came to final rest with the driver of the S10 trapped inside the vehicle.
Paramedics took the driver of the S10 as a trauma alert to Halifax Health Medical Center once she was freed from the vehicle. She died from her injuries later on that day.
No injuries were reported by the drivers of the Avalanche or the Ford. The driver of the Avalanche was a 29-year-old Daytona Beach man, and the driver of the Ford was a 21-year-old Apopka woman.
No other people or vehicles were involved in this incident. Next of kin notification has been made to the family of the woman who lost her life.
Charges are not pending at this time.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family