Florida Department of Education Approved Volusia Live Model.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Schools announced over the weekend the Florida Department of Education has approved Volusia Live, Option 2 from the school boards reopening plan that was submitted last week.
According to a release, the school year that starts Aug. 31. Volusia County Schools are asking families to choose from three Learning Options:
- Traditional Classroom Setting (as directed by the Florida Department of Education) with health and safety guidelines
- Volusia Live (real-time live streaming) with student's school of enrollment
- Enhanced Volusia Online Learning (enrollment deadline is July 31; visit www.volusiaonlinelearning.com for more information)
Parents and guardians are asked to complete a pre-registration form for each child enrolled in VCS.
VCS has extended the deadline to complete the form to noon on Thursday, July 30.
The pre-registration form is available on the VCS Reopening Roadmap 2020-2021 website at www.vcsedu.org.
Details on the three learning options and additional information about Volusia County Schools’ fall school reopening plan are also available on the website.
We are still offering Parent Information Sessions about the reopening plan the week of July 27.
Two Spanish sessions have also been added. Sessions are offered by level (elementary, middle, or high school), and parents only need to attend one session per level.
The links are at https://www.vcsedu.org/.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family