Holiday cheer takes flight at Daytona Beach International Airport
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
As the holiday season kicks into high gear, Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) is ushering in the festivities with a lineup of musical performances and joyous activities for passengers and visitors alike.
Pine Ridge High School Choir kicks off the celebration this Saturday, December 2, 2023, at 10 a.m. at the main entrance, followed by the Spruce Creek High School Orchestra will enchant the audience with a performance on Thursday, December 7, at 4:30 p.m.
The AcaFellas, hailing from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, are set to captivate the crowd with their harmonies on Friday, December 8, at 1:30 p.m. with a performance at the main entrance and on the second floor near the TSA checkpoint. The musical journey continues with the Silver Sands Middle School Orchestra gracing the main entry on Friday, December 8, at 4:30 p.m., followed by the Galaxy Middle School Choir on Saturday, December 9, at 10 a.m.
The further the festivities, local public safety officers will serve Holiday hot cocoa in the concourse on the following dates:
- The DAB Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting (ARFF) crew will be on hand from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, December 12.
- Volusia County Beach Safety officers and lifeguards will take over the cocoa duties from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, December 13, and 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, December 20.
- Volusia Sheriff’s Office deputies stationed at DAB will serve between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. on Friday, December 15.
Adding to the holiday enchantment, Santa and Mrs. Claus will make a special appearance to greet arriving passengers on Friday, December 22, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. This heartwarming encounter will take place in the baggage claim area, spreading joy to travelers of all ages.
Passengers and visitors can also bask in the festive holiday décor adorning the airport, including a magnificent 22-foot Poinsettia tree decorated with bright-colored LED lights, an enduring favorite for over 30 years, that is a testament to the Airport's commitment to spreading holiday cheer throughout the community.
As Daytona Beach International Airport transforms into a holiday haven, the spirit of the season comes alive, creating memorable moments for all who pass through its gates.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family