Man killed in an apparent accident at the Tomoka Landfill in Port Orange.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A traffic controller who worked in the Tomoka Landfill was killed Wednesday in an apparent accident.
According to reports, Volusia County Sheriff Deputies responded to a call from employees that reported the accident at the landfill located off Tomoka Farms Road in Port Orange, around 10:15 a.m. Wednesday morning. The deceased, a 57-year-old day laborer working to show customers where to dump their materials, appeared to have been run over by a bulldozer operating in the area.
There were no witnesses to the accident itself, and the deceased was discovered by a customer walking past the site, according to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.
The man's identity is confirmed, but the Sheriff’s Office is pending notification of next of kin before releasing any identifying information. The investigation into this accident is active and ongoing, and there are no pending charges currently.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family