Port Orange Hosts DiscoverFest
Port Orange, FL - On July 29, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Port Orange will be hosting DiscoverFest at the Kenneth W. Parker Amphitheater in the City Center Complex.
The event is part of the festivities for National Parks and Recreation Month, which is July. The theme of this year’s month is “A Lifetime of Discovery.”
There will be a career scavenger hunt, crafts, food trucks, and music.The live music will be performed by Relief, a reggae band from Port Orange.
Admission is free and the first 500 visitors will receive a ticket to the prize drawing and a school supply pack.
There will be educational presentations that will discuss what it’s like to work for NASA or what it means to be an archaeologist. The presentations will talk about a variety of different careers. To learn more about this event or others happening in July click here.
Come out with the family and help us bring an end to the summer and embrace the start of a new school year with a fun event!
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family