Skimming Device Found at Port Orange Gas Station
A customer at the Kangaroo Express at 1591 Dunlawton Ave observed possible tampering with a gas pump on Monday. The Port Orange Police Department arrived and all of the gas pumps were checked. A skimming device was found and is being processed for evidence (see image).
According to management of Kangaroo Express, the pumps were most recently checked on Sunday, April 29 around 1:00 PM and there was no evidence of them being tampered with. The skimming device seems to be one that stores data and the data can only be retrieved in person. Even so, Port Orange Police Department is encouraging anyone who used a credit or debit card at any of the pumps at this location between the hours of 1:00 PM Sunday, April 29 and 11:00 AM Monday, April 30 to monitor their accounts for suspicious activity.
Fraudulent activity related to this incident should be reported to Port Orange Police Department. Victims of this incident can call the Volusia County Central Dispatch Center at 386-248-1777.
If anyone with information on this crime wishes to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477) or you can send a text to CRIMES (274637) with the message “TIP231” and add your message. Anyone who comes forward with information could be eligible for an award up to $5,000.00.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family