Social workers available to provide guidance in libraries
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County residents have another resource for help with the new Social Worker in Libraries program, where residents can meet one-on-one with a social worker to help identify appropriate programs and services to alleviate household issues and financial burdens. This program is a collaborative initiative between the Volusia County Community Assistance and Library Services divisions.
According to a release, social workers will provide information and referrals to various programs and services, including but not limited to food/SNAP benefits, housing information, employment, health insurance, disability, Social Security, legal, substance abuse, and mental health. The program will be available at all of Volusia County's public library branches to increase accessibility to services.
"There are so many assistance programs throughout our county, residents may not be sure which organization is best suited to help them," said Community Services Director Dona Butler. "We're removing the guesswork from the equation. Tell the social worker what you're going through and your needs, and we'll point you in the right direction."
Social workers will travel among the branches, and appointments are encouraged to secure a meeting at a resident's library branch of choice by visiting http://bit.ly/3VcOQbv, emailing email@example.com, or calling 386-257-6036, ext. 16320. in libraries.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family