Suspect in custody following fatal shooting in Daytona Beach.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Daytona Beach Police Department responded to a call of a person shot at approximately 3 a.m. on Sunday, February 12, 2023, at The Reserve at Clyde Morris Landing apartments. Upon arriving at the scene, officers found the victim, Cory Austell, with a gunshot wound outside of building 11, where the Daytona Beach Fire Department pronounced Austell deceased at the scene. An initial investigation revealed that Austell was in an on-again, off-again romantic relationship with the significant other of the suspect, Quinton Pompey.
According to a release, Austell had arrived at the address to confront Pompey after several phone conversations throughout the day. The confrontation turned violent, with Pompey firing a single shot that resulted in Austell's death. The next of kin for Austell have been notified, and Pompey has been arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder with a Firearm.
The Daytona Beach Police Department is continuing its investigation into the incident and is asking anyone with information or who may have witnessed the shooting to contact Detective Jayson Wallace at (386) 671-5207 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family