The University of Florida/IFAS Extension Volusia County offers homebuyer classes.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The University of Florida/IFAS Extension Volusia County has announced multiple pre-purchase homebuyers’ workshops that meet the education requirements for those wanting to participate in the First-time Homebuyer’s Program. The UF/IFAS Extension Volusia County is a partnership between State, Federal, and County governments to provide scientific knowledge and expertise to the public.
According to a release, Extension Agent Lisa Hamilton - a HUD-certified housing and accredited financial counselor, will conduct the following virtual classes on Microsoft Teams:
English language classes will be conducted at:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. January 13 and 20
- 5 to 9 p.m. February 16 and 23
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 17 and 24
- 5 to 9 p.m. April 4 and 11
Spanish language classes will be conducted at:
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. January 12 (one day)
- 5 to 9 p.m. February 9 and 10
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 30 (one day)
- 5 to 9 p.m. April 20 and 27
The virtual classes are broken up into two four-hour sessions.
Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate allowing them to apply for federal down payment and closing cost assistance programs available through Volusia County, Seminole County, and the City of Deltona.
The cost is $10 per household, and scholarships are available upon request.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family