Volusia County Library hosts Library Card art contest beginning September 1.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Young artists can get their artwork featured on a library card as the Volusia County Public Library presents an exciting opportunity for kids aged 12 and under to unleash their creativity through a captivating design contest for a limited-edition library card that promises to put kids' artwork in everyone's wallet.
Starting September 1, entry forms for the contest will be available in the youth services section of the library branches and online. Entry forms must have a parent or legal guardian's signature and are limited to one per person. Artwork must be original, previously unpublished, and free of copyright restrictions.
The deadline to enter is 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 30.
"We have so many creative, talented children, and we want to give them an opportunity to feature their artwork on these special limited-edition library cards that will reach thousands of library users and promote the love for reading and learning,” said Library Services Director Lucinda Colee.
A committee comprising library and community information staff, a Library Advisory Board representative, and the Community Services Director will meticulously sift through the entries and handpick the top three designs based on criteria such as creativity, design intricacy, and how well the artwork embodies the essence of the library and the local community.
The public can vote for their favorite design from October 30 through November 9, and a winner will be announced on December 6, 2023.
For additional details, access entry forms, and comprehensive information, please refer to https://www.volusialibrary.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family