Volusia County Schools’ Summer Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program registration opens March 1.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Schools is providing a free Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program (VPK) this summer for incoming kindergartners who have not already taken advantage of the state’s free VPK program.
The program will prepare children for kindergarten in a four-day-a-week class, Monday through Thursday, starting June 13 and ending August 4. Families can register their children at their home zoned school beginning March 1 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Kids will be in school from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., but their parents must drop off and pick up their children. However, breakfast and lunch will be available for free.
All children must fit the following criteria to participate:
- be five years old on or before September 1, 2022
- be a resident of Volusia County
- have a current, valid Summer 2021 Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties.
For more information, visit https://www.vcsedu.org/
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family