Volusia County requests input on the Volusia County Fairgrounds master plan.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County staff – in partnership with the University of Florida, the Volusia County Fair and Youth Show, the Farm Bureau, and the Cattlemen’s Association, is seeking input from residents to develop a Volusia County Fairgrounds Master Plan. A community meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 16, in the Hester Building at the Volusia County Fairgrounds located at 3100 E. New York Avenue in DeLand.
The master planning process will help strengthen and improve the Volusia County Fairgrounds as a community hub for agricultural and other community activities and events.
According to a release, participants will help identify key priorities, projects, and initiatives to help Volusia County take advantage of future opportunities and possibilities for the fairgrounds. A short survey is available at https://tinyurl.com/VCfairgrounds for those unable to attend the meeting but would like to provide input.
“The result of the process will be a well-planned, collaborative vision and conceptual plan serving as a guide for ensuring Volusia County is positioned to address current and future challenges and capitalize on the strategic location of the fairgrounds to expand the use and better serve the county residents,” said Resource Stewardship Director Brad Burbaugh.
The Volusia County Fairgrounds features over 100 acres, three huge arenas, a large exhibit hall, loads of classroom space, is the home of the Volusia County Fair, and has recently been used as the site for COVID-19 testing.
Contact Director Burbaugh at 386-943-7081 or email@example.com for more information.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family