Woman Arrested After Hit-and-Run Accident Involving Volusia County Sheriff, Mike Chitwood.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Port Orange Police Department responded Thursday to Town West Boulevard for a Hit-and-Run motor vehicle crash involving Sheriff Chitwood.
Chitwood, who was riding his bicycle, was struck by a passenger car.
The driver fled the scene. The vehicle was described as a 2004 to 2006 Maroon in color Hyundai Sonata with the right-side mirror missing - a result of the crash.
According to a release, Sheriff Chitwood was transported to Halifax Health for his injuries.
Volusia Sheriff’s Office assisted the POPD THI Team with gathering information on the suspect vehicle.
POPD THI Team responded to a Deltona address and arrested 20-year-old Paige Bergman, who was charged with Leaving the scene of a motor vehicle crash involving serious bodily injury.
Volusia Sheriff’s Office and Port Orange Police Department Traffic Homicide Unit are conducting a joint investigation.
If anyone witnessed or has information concerning this traffic crash, please contact Port Orange Police Department Traffic Homicide Investigator Phillip Slease at 386-506-5838.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family