Airboat Rides at Midway's Pet of the Month: Coco the Umbrella Cockatoo.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
If you have not been to Airboat Rides at Midway, then you have not met the sweet and loving Umbrella Cockatoo, Coco.
Coco is Airboat Rides at Midway’s 14-year-old white cockatoo who is native to Midway.
Umbrella Cockatoos are an overly affectionate and sweet-natured species. They are native to the tropics of Indonesia, where they enjoy living along rivers and at the edges of clearings and farmlands.
They are gentle, docile, and sweet-tempered by nature and are well suited to be companion birds. The Umbrella Cockatoo will mate for life but will join small flocks of Umbrella Cockatoo’s and are rarely apart from their mate.
Coco, like other Umbrella Cockatoos, loves to cuddle and is very social and intelligent. She is a complete “people person (cockatoo)” and loves to be pet and held. Her favorite thing to do is chew the wood underneath her perch, which is her favorite hangout.
A fun fact about Coco is that she is a caffeine fiend who loves coffee and will drink your whole cup if you let her; however, she is no longer allowed to drink it.
Meet Coco and the rest of her animal friends that call Airboat Rides at Midway home after your next airboat tour!
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family