Daytona Beach Police Department gives update on Officer Jason Raynor.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Daytona Beach Police Department took to social media Wednesday at the request of the Raynor family to provide an update on Officer Jason Raynor’s condition following his injury from a gunshot wound to the head last month.
“Jason is still in critical condition, and while there have been some signs of improvement, there have also been some setbacks that have prevented the department from delivering all good news,” the Police Department said in a Facebook post.
The shooting occurred on June 23, at an apartment complex off Kingston Avenue in Daytona Beach.
The accused shooter, Othal Wallace, is currently still in police custody and was charged with attempted first-degree murder of a Law Enforcement Officer, where he entered a not guilty plea last week.
Wallace, who fled from the scene, was arrested following a 56-hour multi-agency manhunt that led authorities to a treehouse hideout in Georgia.
“The family of Jason Raynor would like to thank everyone for all of the wonderful thoughts, prayers, and support that they have received,” said the Police Department. “Jason has a long road ahead to recovery, but we remain positive.”
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family