Billie Wheeler named the River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization chair.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Billie Wheeler, the Volusia County Council vice-chair and the district two representative, has been named chair of the River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). She began her one-year term on July 1, following her appointment by the TPO Board of Directors during the June 23 meeting.
Wheeler has served on the TPO’s board since 2010, holding the offices of secretary/treasurer and first vice-chair.
According to a release, the TPO sets the priorities for allocating state and federal funding for the designated planning area of Volusia and eastern Flagler counties. The board is composed of representatives from local and municipal governments.
Wheeler is no stranger to public service, having served on the County Council since January 2017 and was elected vice-chair this past January.
She is also secretary of the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council and co-chaired the 2020 Volusia County Complete Count Committee. She served on the Daytona Beach Shores City Council from 2010 to 2016 and is a former president of the Volusia League of Cities.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family