Are COVID-19 Test Kits on the Way? Co-Diagnostics, Inc. Reports Additional Demand for Coronavirus Test Shipments
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Co-Diagnostics, Inc., a Molecular Diagnostics Company, announced yesterday that there has been an influx in demand both nationally and internationally for its COVID-19 detection kits. Based on the change that came last Saturday, February 29, from the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) change in their policy.
“We believe this policy strikes the right balance during this public health emergency,” said FDA Commissioner Stephen M. Hahn, M.D. “We will continue to help to ensure sound science before clinical testing and follow-up with the critical independent review from the FDA, while quickly expanding testing capabilities in the U.S.,” according to Stephen Hahn, the FDA Commissioner in a News Release from the FDA website.
Co-Diagnostics CEO Dwight Egan commented, “We are already manufacturing and shipping coronavirus products to countries on 4 continents along with additional demand we are experiencing according to the policy change.”
So, it does seem that COVID-19 Test Kits are coming, it is just dependent on when U.S. Laboratories will be able to begin more rapid testing.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family