Bus Service to Tanger Outlets in Daytona Beach has been Approved!
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Tuesday, Volusia County Council approved Votran’s proposal to bring a bus stop out to the Tanger Outlet Mall.
It’s official! Day, evening, and night scheduled routes will be making a stop at the outlet shopping center located off LPGA and Cornerstone Boulevard. The full-service proposal option won over the daytime-only-option, which was preferred by a couple of the elected officials who are concerned with the ridership of the route.
Heather Post, a Councilwoman for the area around the Tanger Outlets, is pleased with the decision of the council but urges “county officials to look ahead” in terms of adding future routes in her jurisdiction.
This approval means readjusting some scheduling with pre-existing routes, but according to the proposal, only two buses have been affected. Route 11A, servicing Route 11 as-is, and Route 11B, which will be diverted from serving the Daytona Flea Market to the Tanger Outlets.
The bus stop itself will be located at the front of the shopping center on Cornerstone Blvd. There is no projected date of when changes will be implemented at this time.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family