Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Seeking Other Victims of Ormond Beach Thief.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Have you or a loved one been victimized by this man?
Russell Bannister, an Ormond Beach resident has been labeled a ‘prolific scumbag’ by Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood yesterday on the Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
Bannister is being held in police custody for scamming the elderly after posing as a handyman and a pastor to gain entrance into their homes. He also snuck his way into an assisted living facility, where he preyed on a resident.
A family member of the resident was alerted by an Amazon Echo (Alexa) device, which aided in his arrest.
VCSO is asking for other victims of Bannister to come forward and file a report. The Sheriff’s office is asking people to call the non-emergency line at (386) 248-1777 if you, or a loved one, were preyed on by Bannister in the past.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family