Challenge Daytona to be Held This Weekend at the Speedway; Expect Traffic Delays.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Over 1,000 triathletes will be competing at the Daytona International Speedway this weekend, for Challenge Daytona.
Challenge Daytona is an endurance sports festival, in its second consecutive year.
The main event will be held Saturday, December 5. In addition to the professional triathlete race, there will also be races for athletes of all ages and abilities. Spectators are welcome.
Motorists can expect traffic delays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. near all major roadways close to the speedway. Daytona Beach police officers and will be closing most intersections on the course with assistance from Volusia and Flagler County Sheriff’s Offices, along with law enforcement officers from Port Orange, New Smyrna Beach, and Edgewater.
According to a release, the Bellevue Extension will be closed from Williamson Blvd. to Tomoka Farms Road. Motorists coming to Daytona Beach from DeLand are encouraged to take alternate routes including I-4, S.R. 40, and S.R. 44, instead of U.S. 92.
A map of roads to be impacted this weekend can be found below:
For more details, visit www.challenge-daytona.com.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family