Chris Conomos to fill a vacancy on Daytona Beach Shore City Council.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Daytona Beach Shores City Council Seat 1, held by Richard Frizalone, was recently vacated after Frizalone moved out of the Daytona Beach Shores city limits. To fill the vacant seat, the City Council has selected attorney Chris Conomos, the only candidate to qualify for City Council Seat 1 in this year’s municipal election, and was elected without opposition.
According to a release, Mr. Conomos took office four months earlier than expected in order to fill the remainder of Frizalone’s term.
“I cannot say enough good things about Chris Conomos,” Frizalone said. “I think he’s going to do a marvelous job.”
As a resident of Daytona Beach Shores since 2018, Mr. Conomos is no stranger to the Volusia County area. He grew up as a Central Florida native who spent plenty of weekends and summers in New Smyrna Beach, fostering a love of surf, sand, and small towns. Mr. Conomos has worked as an assistant public defender, earned his Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan, and a Master of Public Administration from the University of Central Florida. He attended Valencia Community College and UCF for his undergraduate degree, majoring in political science, and also studied government policies, public safety, and infrastructure.
He has served in Florida's Army National Guard for six years as an infantryman and rifle team leader, as a school volunteer, and is considered a role model for JROTC students.
Mr. Conomos was sworn-in during Tuesday’s council meeting, and his term runs through November 2026.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family