City Council Votes to Disband Port Orange Youth Advisory Board
Due to low attendance and repeated unexcused absences, a decision was made by a City Council vote to disband the Youth Advisory Board with the intention of implementing some adjustments and reorganizing next year.
Some changes that will be implemented to the format of the new board will make it easier to remove those individuals who are not actively participating. There is also going to be a process to deter the youth who are not committed to the board. In order for the board to have more opportunities to communicate, it will not be an official board of the city.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family