City Island Regional Library Employee Attacked.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A 55-year-old New Smyrna Beach resident was charged this afternoon with felony charges for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
The man, Burman P. Bedford was taken into custody by Daytona Beach Police Department for attacking a Volusia County Library Employee at the City Island Regional Library off of East Magnolia Ave in Daytona Beach, with a pair of scissors.
Officers found the victim, a 63-year-old woman, with multiple lacerations to her face and arms, and bleeding from one of her eyes. The victim was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center for treatment. None of her injuries are considered life-threatening.
Bedford was found on the scene after officers arrived and taken into custody immediately.
Based on findings from DBPD’s criminal investigation Division, Bedford was believed to enter the library and headed for the children’s section where he was greeted by the victim and began attacking her with scissors that were already in his possession.
Bedford is currently being processed into the Volusia County Branch Jail.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family