Accident on U.S 1 in Daytona Beach Claims Life of Pedestrian
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Daytona Beach Police Department is currently investigating a fatal accident that occurred Monday Night involving an elderly female pedestrian.
Officers responded to a call on South Ridgewood and Magnolia Ave around 5:30 p.m.
When officers arrived on the scene, a 73-year-old Daytona Beach resident was laying on the pavement with a severe head injury, according to reports.
Paramedics took the woman to Halifax Health Medical Center, where she later passed away from her injuries.
According to witness statements, the woman was attempting to cross Ridgewood Ave, when she was hit by the front of a silver 2016 Dodge Ram, that was attempting to make a right turn off of Magnolia Ave.
Investigators believe the woman attempted to cross Ridgewood in front of the Jimmy John’s restaurant, 25-feet from the crosswalk. It appeared that the woman was walking diagonally towards the crosswalk when she was hit.
The driver of the Dodge Ram, a 39-year-old Ormond Beach resident, was at the scene and cooperated with Law Enforcement Officers.
Due to the accident, the Northbound traffic on Ridgewood was shut down for several hours while evidence was processed.
The victim’s identity is unknown at this time, pending notification of next of kin. No charges are pending at this time.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family