County Law Enforcement Makes Arrests in Sex Offense Sting
Port Orange, FL - The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of eight men, ranging in age from 40 to 80 years old, for alleged engagement in a variety of public sex acts, and for specifically exposing themselves to an undercover county deputy.
The incidents took place over a two-day operation and was the result of numerous complains to the Sheriff’s Office from residents reportedly observing individuals openly engaging in sex acts.
The incidents occurred in Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve and Sleepy Hollow Park. Both parks are situated between the cities of Port Orange and New Smyrna Beach off US 1.
Those arrested were primarily Volusia County residents, with one from North Carolina. Only one, George N. Stoeckle, was a Port Orange resident.
The eight men arrested were each charged with indecent exposure.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, cameras had been installed in the parks earlier this year and captured reportedly more than 75 individuals engaging in lewd and lascivious acts directly in front of the camera.
Additional arrests may be forthcoming as the Sheriff’s Office is attempting to identify and locate others seen in the still camera surveillance photos taken at the parks.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family