County Prepares for Groundbreaking on New Edwin W. Peck Sr. Park
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County announces groundbreaking for the new Edwin W. Peck Sr. Park that will be located off S. Atlantic Ave in Daytona Beach Shores. The ceremony will signify the start of construction on the new beachfront park.
The new park will include over 100 parking spaces, restrooms, playground, fitness stations, showers, bike racks, grills, and an ADA-accessible dune walkover.
Completion of the new park is scheduled to be finished at the end of 2021.
The new park is named after Edwin W. Peck Sr., a resident of Volusia County since 1968. According to a release, Peck has developed or marketed over 30 condominium projects and has established himself as a real estate industry leader and legendary force for economic development, community service, and job creation.
A groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Friday, December 18, at 11 a.m. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, attendance will be limited, but the event will be live-streamed on the County of Volusia Facebook page.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family