Daytona Beach Man Arrested After Stabbing, Wounding Father.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A Daytona Beach Man is recovering from stab wounds he suffered while trying to prevent his adult son from injuring himself with a knife.
According to reports from Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, deputies reported a disturbance at a residence off 4th Street in Daytona Beach just before 7 a.m. Sunday morning.
The reporting person informed deputies that the son was making suicidal comments while brandishing a knife. The 66-year-old father tried to take the knife, but the son ended up stabbing his father in the back.
Deputies secured the son immediately and identified him as 36-year old Bruce Orsborn, who also had a self-inflicted knife wound to his throat.
Both men were transported to Halifax Medical Center as Trauma Alerts, where the father is expected to survive his injuries.
Orsborn was admitted to Halifax due to his self-inflicted injury. He is charged with aggravated domestic battery on a person over 65 and is awaiting a first appearance hearing.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family