In-season Beach Ramps Open Saturday.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Traditionally all in-season beach ramps open on February 1, but thanks. To sunshine and clear skies, vehicular beach ramps are slated to convert over to the in-season schedule Saturday, January 30.
According to a release, the Crawford Road beach ramp in New Smyrna Beach will remain a Pass Holder Only Express ramp to allow quick access to those with a current annual beach pass. In-season, 23 vehicular beach access ramps operate daily from Ormond Beach to New Smyrna Beach, with multiple entry lanes at heavily trafficked locations.
To view the in-season beach ramp map, visit Volusia.org/beachdriving.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, beachgoers are asked to refrain from gathering in large groups and continue to observe social distancing guidelines.
Pass-holders are reminded that annual passes are valid for 365 days from the purchase date, rather than by calendar year.
Additionally, annual pass-holders who purchased their pass before March 20, 2020, received 57 days added to their pass to compensate for the days that the beach ramps were closed to vehicles due to the coronavirus outbreak.
If an annual pass holder visits the beach or inlet park within 30 days of their current pass expiring, the toll attendant will provide notice on when the pass is planned to expire. The pass holder will have the option of renewing their pass on the spot or the next time they visit the beach or inlet park.
For more information on beach pass sales, visit www.volusiabeachpass.com/.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family