Volusia County opens beach ramps for the Holidays.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Due to the increase in beachgoers for the Holidays, Volusia County will open all in-season vehicular beach access ramps. The ramps will only be open until January 2, and on January 3, vehicular beach ramps will return to the off-season schedule.
“Mild winter temperatures coupled with an increase of visitors tend to lead to more beachgoers over the holiday season,” said Jessica Winterwerp, director of the county’s Coastal Division. “We know that with friends and families visiting, the beach is a popular destination this time of year. As in past years, to ensure convenient beach access for both our residents and visitors, we’ll open additional vehicle access ramps.”
The county advises all beachgoers to swim in front of a staffed lifeguard tower. November 1 to April 30, the beach is open to vehicles from sunrise to sunset, and visitors can park at the many off-beach parking lots.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family