Volusia County Off-Season Beach Ramp Schedule Begins November 14.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County’s off-season vehicle beach access ramp schedule will take effect Saturday, November 14.
The ramps at Granada Boulevard, Cardinal Drive, Harvard Drive, Williams Avenue, University Boulevard, Seabreeze Boulevard, International Speedway Boulevard, Silver Beach Avenue, Florida Shores Boulevard, Dunlawton Boulevard, Beach Street, Beachway Avenue, Crawford Road, Flagler Avenue, 3rd Avenue and 27th Avenue will be open daily.
The ramps at Milsap Road, Botefuhr Avenue, and Emilia Avenue will be open only on weekends. All other ramps will remain closed through the off-season.
“As we enter the offseason and temperatures begin to cool down, we see less beach traffic from both visitors and residents,” said Jessica Winterwerp, director of the county’s Coastal Division, which manages the beach access ramps. “This decrease in activity allows us to reduce the number of open vehicle access ramps, which in turn reduces operating costs. We determine closures based on usage rates and ensure that those who want to utilize a vehicle access ramp still have convenient options.”
Depending on the weather, the county may open additional ramps for Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas, and New Years' week for holiday traffic.
The off-season beach ramp schedule is effective through January 31. While some ramps are closed to vehicles, access is always open for pedestrians and bicyclists.
For a complete listing of beach access ramps, visit Volusia.org/beach.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family