Daytona Beach adds motor oil collection sites throughout the city.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Daytona Beach has announced the placement of used motor oil collection receptacles throughout the city to safely dispose of used motor oil, transmission fluid, gear oil, and lubricating oil.
According to a release, used motor oil is a major contaminant to our waterways and should never be dumped down the drain or put in the trash. One gallon of motor oil can contaminate one million gallons of fresh water.
The city has made it easy and convenient for residents to dispose of used oil for free, with collection center receptacles placed at the following locations:
- 505 South Beach Street
- 525 South Beach Street
- 425 Basin Street - north and south end of Halifax Harbor Marina
- 945 N. Halifax Avenue - Fire Station #3
- 2020 Beville Road - Fire Station #6
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family