Edgewater man arrested on 22 charges of possessing child pornography.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
An Edgewater man, Josef Griffin, 22, has been arrested on twenty-two charges of possessing child pornography after finding sexually explicit photos of children on his computer. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children provided a tip to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office about Griffin possessing the child pornographic material and sharing it online.
Volusia County Sheriff’s detectives executed a search warrant at Griffin's residence off Costa Rica Dr in Edgewater, seizing electronic devices, including cell phones, computers, laptops, iPads, and tablets for forensic examination. During the investigation, detectives located several photos depicting the sexual exploitation of girls and boys aged between 4 to 11 years old.
The investigation indicated that Griffin uploaded files containing suspected child pornography and sent the files to other users. Griffin turned himself in at the Volusia County Branch Jail on Monday, and he remains in custody on $250,000 bail pending his first court appearance.
In light of the nature of the materials discovered, the Sheriff's Office encourages anyone with more information about the case to contact the VSO Child Exploitation Unit at (386) 323-3574.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family