Volusia County Schools and Volusia United Educators Support reach agreement.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
After months of negotiations, the Volusia County Schools and VUE Support, which includes school district office specialists and paraprofessionals, has finally concluded the bargaining process. The agreement outlines a total package of $3.1 million.
According to a release, the next step is to ratify the agreement. All VUE Support employees can view the package and vote on the contract regardless of membership status. The support personnel package will be distributed in the following manner:
Salary Schedule adjustments that reflect the new minimum wage of $15 per hour and increases at all levels.
An increase in the value of the longevity supplement.
A committee will convene to review clerical and paraprofessional job duties.
"I am thankful to both bargaining teams and am grateful that our employees will be receiving the benefits of this work soon," said Superintendent Dr. Carmen Balgobin.
Ratification dates will be released as soon as possible before the contract goes to the board for approval.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family