FLHSMV and FHP to host annual ‘Stuff the Charger’ food drive.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle (FLHSMV) and the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) are partnering up throughout the month of November for the annual ‘Stuff the Charger’ food drive to benefit food banks across the state. The 'Stuff the Charger’ food drive is a statewide effort to support Floridians needing little extra help this holiday season that runs from today, Tuesday, November 1, 2022, through November 30.
“Each year, I am humbled by the generosity and kindness shown by all who support our annual ‘Stuff the Charger’ food drive,” said FLHSMV Executive Director Terry L. Rhodes. “Last year, FLHSMV collected more than 10,000 pounds of non-perishable food items and delivered them to food banks across Florida to help those in need in our communities. We are proud to continue this tradition to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our fellow Floridians.”
According to a release, the department is partnering with a network of local organizations whose mission is to deliver much-needed food and educate the community in the fight against hunger. The goal is to conduct a successful food drive to make a meaningful impact on the lives of Floridian families.
The following items are needed:
• Canned Goods: canned meats, vegetables, fruits, and soup
• Dried Goods: stuffing, boxed potatoes, rice, cornbread mix, grits, cereal, and oatmeal
• Other Goods: nuts, peanut butter, evaporated milk, bottled water, and broth
“Help your fellow Floridian enjoy a meal this holiday season. Make a difference in your community by donating to our annual 'Stuff the Charger' food drive,” said Colonel Gene Spaulding, Director of the Florida Highway Patrol. “Hurricane Ian devastated southwest Florida, and with your help, we can provide those in need with critical food donations.”
Individuals wishing to donate food can take their contributions to any local FHP Station or contact an FHP Public Affairs Officer in your area for more information. FHP will host events and accept non-perishable food donations at each troop headquarters across the state, including FLHSMV General Headquarters in Tallahassee.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family