Florida Department of Health Confirms Volusia County’s First Case of COVID-19.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Early Saturday evening, the Florida Department of Health has confirmed that Volusia County has its first positive case of COVID-19. The news comes in post on the DOH’s Twitter page.
A 66-year old female within the county has been identified as a presumptive positive case. She is isolated and will continue to remain isolated until cleared by public health officials. It’s been reported that the woman has had a history of recent travel outside of the U.S.
News of the County’s first confirmed case also comes with another presumptive positive case from Okaloosa County. This brings the State’s total of 10 COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida. There are 5 confirmed cases from Florida Residents outside of the state.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family