Florida in Forecast Cone of Tropical Storm Eta.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The forecast cone for Tropical Storm Eta has shifted to now include the state of Florida, as the giant storm continues to spin in off the coast of Nicaragua.
Eta was up to a Category 4 storm but has since weakened after dumping buckets of rain and strong winds battering the Central American country. The latest model shows the storm not tracking as far inland, as previously reported before the slow-moving storm becomes more disorganized moving back over the western Caribbean.
There is still a chance that Eta can re-intensify later this week, or over the weekend in the Northwestern Caribbean. Florida could potentially begin to feel the effects of Eta this weekend and into early next week. This model also predicts Eta could end up being pushed westward into the Gulf of Mexico.
As of Wednesday morning, Eta was moving west near 7 mph with maximum sustained winds near 50 mph.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family