Florida’s two-week Back to School 2022 Tax Holiday begins.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Thanks to a Florida legislature that was signed into law by Governor Ron DeSantis, consumers can purchase qualifying school supplies back-to-school items that are exempt from tax during the 2022 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday.
Florida’s Back to School Sales Tax Holiday begins today, Monday, July 25, and ends on Sunday, August 7, 2022. Items that are exempt from sales tax include:
- Learning aids and jigsaw puzzles – valued at $30 or less
- Most schools supplies – valued at $50 or less
- Clothing, footwear, and accessories – valued at $100 or less
- Computers and accessories (when purchased for non-commercial, personal use) – valued at $1,500 or less.
According to a release, the sales tax holiday does not apply to the rental or repair of any qualifying items. The sales tax holiday does not apply to sales in a theme park, an entertainment complex, public lodging establishments, or the airport.
For more information, visit https://floridarevenue.com/backtoschool/Pages/default.aspx.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family