Governor Announces "Freedom Week"
Written by Lana Grimes
Belden Communications News
On Friday, May 21st, 2021, Governor Ron DeSantis introduced a tax-free holiday dubbed "Freedom Week".
During the first week of July, outdoor recreational items and events will be exempt from sales tax. Among the list of tax-exempt events are concerts, ballets, movies, sporting events, fairs, and festivals scheduled from July 1st to December 31st, 2021
"We are proud of being a free state. We're proud of being open. We want taxpayers to benefit if they are participating in all these things," said Governor DeSantis during a press conference Friday.
The tax-free list also includes select boating and water activity supplies, camping essentials, fishing gear, team, and individual sporting equipment (golf balls or a catcher's mitt for example), among other general outdoor supplies.
Purchase of seasonal passes to special events and tickets to state parks and museums make the list too.
Freedom Week runs from July 1st to July 7th, 2021.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family